SGE international, provider of healthcare for internationals, recently conducted a survey to assess to what extent it is fulfilling the needs and expectations of the internationals registered at SGE international (SGEi).
The results of this survey have now been processed and analysed showing that:
- 73% of patients of SGEi (strongly) agree with the statement that they trust that their GP knows the best treatment and that they feel confident in his or her care.
- 83% of respondents feel that the needs and expectations of internationals have been taken into account in the set-up of SGEi and its services.
- internationals award SGEi on average an 8 (on a scale of 10) and are (very) likely to recommend SGEi to other internationals.
Compared with surveys of internationals that do not have the benefit of healthcare services designed for internationals, we can say that we have come a long way in closing the gap between the needs of internationals and Dutch healthcare.
In the survey, several suggestions were given to improve the service. In response to these, SGEi has decided that:
- As of 3 April 2017, SGEi will be opened five days a week and a second GP has joined the team.
- All appointments at SGEi will be confirmed by email or text message.
- More user-friendly and flexible services will be introduced for the (online) ordering and delivery of prescription medicatio.
Further improvements are being considered.
You can read the full analysis of the survey on http://www.sgeinternational.nl/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Results-of-the-SGEi-survey-final-002.pdf