If you are interested in attending an ACCESS Volunteer Information Morning, and you meet our minimum requirements, please complete an Application for Registration.
ACCESS relies on its English-speaking international and Dutch volunteers who enjoy helping others adjust to life in the Netherlands. We have approximately 140 volunteers from more than 40 different nationalities, who contribute their time, talents, effort and skills in order to help others.
Volunteers don't get paid, not because they are worthless but because they are priceless!
Volunteering for ACCESS is a rewarding way of using your existing skills and adding to your experience during your stay in the Netherlands.
Where do the volunteers work?
The main ACCESS office is located in The Hague at:
Laan van Meerdervoort 70 - 1st Floor
2517 AN The Hague
The office is open from 10:00 to 16:00, Monday to Friday.
Volunteers are also recruited from the Hague, Utrecht, Amsterdam and Leiden regions to work in The Hague International Centre, Expat Centre Utrecht, IN Amsterdam and Expat Centre Leiden. Working days at each of these locations vary. All volunteers are required to attend the Information Morning in The Hague where our back office is located, and if selected, undergo our training programme in The Hague.
What are the benefits?
- Work in a professionally-run, international organisation
- Provide support to the international community in the Netherlands
- Develop interpersonal skills
- Improve existing skills while learning new ones
- Be a part of a creative team
- Use spare time constructively helping others
- Benefit from our extensive resources
- Meet new people and develop your network
Interested in becoming a volunteer?
Then you are welcome to attend one of our volunteer information mornings!
The ACCESS Information Morning consists of two parts: an informative presentation on ACCESS, its organisational structure and our volunteers, followed by individual interviews where skills and expectations can be discussed.
Our next information morning will be held on Tuesday November 14, 2017.
Please understand that your registration for the Information Morning is not complete until you have RECEIVED CONFIRMATION from ACCESS.
We regret that ACCESS cannot assist in obtaining work authorization.
- For EU citizens, you must have a BSN number. For non-EU citizens, you must have a valid work permit.
- You must have a proficient level of English: spoken and written.
- Our volunteer work is flexible. We ask for a minimum commitment of six hours per week for three months within the office hours of 10:00 - 16:00 Monday - Friday
- Unfortunately candidates actively conducting a job search cannot be considered for volunteer positions.
- You must have had significant expatriate experience. Extended foreign student experiences and/or worldwide business travel does not, unfortunately, qualify.
Meet all the requirements? Then apply here!
What ACCESS volunteers are saying about volunteering at ACCESS:
My ACCESS involvement allows me to use my competences; analysing, empathising, and organising events.
My interest in multicultural issues is one reason I began volunteering with ACCESS. The organisation shows how a diverse workforce can work successfully and effectively. Christine Fischer
If you are new and have nobody to help you, help yourself. I looked for help and found ACCESS. Now I have more expat friends than Dutch friends. Queendolly Verhoeve
Coming to ACCESS is always a pleasure as it means meeting other volunteers and doing interesting work. When I can't come to the office in a particular week I miss ACCESS! Genoveva Geppaart
ACCESS is my family away from home - and I continuously get to develop my skills. Carina Hyllested
Joining ACCESS made me look at my own country from a foreigners point of view and this has enlightened me in many ways. Wendy Fossen